The submission of feature-length and short films, in both the narrative and documentary categories for 2016 year will open February 27, 2016.
Rules for submission:
The festival’s official competition includes 4 sections:
- Full-length feature films
- Short feature films
Minimal length of feature films is 60 minutes.
Maximal length of the short films admitted to Esperanza Festival is 40 minutes.
Documentaries and films devoted to environmental topic can be of any length.
Non-competition program includes:
- Music video
- Motivational films
* The latter category is devoted to outstanding sport achievements, or people with disabilities, or movies on the theme of health.
1. Applicants may choose the festival section to which they would like to submit their film.
2. We do not accept work-in-progress.
3. For the preview organizers agree uniquely with DIGITAL supports sent via Vimeo (private) link or similar platforms with a safe on-line screener and a password. If you submit through any on-line catalogue – we accept its screener.
4. Movies sent to Esperanza Festival can be of any language, but must have English subtitles (excluding films in Russian and English) – for selection process.
5. Date of completion: Within 18 months prior the festival (after February 2015).
6. No premier requirements, but the the films must have neither been presented in television nor in the internet.
7. Submission fees are in russian Rubles and are non-refundable. We don’t accept submissions without payment. Payments of the entry fee is to be effected by credit card during the online submission or via one of online platforms. Visa, MasterCard are accepted.
Early bird deadline – March 20
- Feature films – 1200 rubles
- Short films – 700 rubles
- Documentaries – 700 rubles
- Eco-films – 1000 rubles
- Music video – 500 rubles
- Motivational films – free
Regular deadline – April 30
- Feature films – 1500 rubles
- Short films – 1000 rubles
- Documentaries – 1000 rubles
- Eco-films – 1200 rubles
- Music video – 700 rubles
- Motivational films – 700 rubles
Late deadline – May 20
- Feature films – 2000 rubles
- Short films – 1500 rubles
- Documentaries – 1500 rubles
- Eco-films – 1500 rubles
- Music video – 1000 rubles
- Motivational films – 1000 rubles
Notification date – June 1, 2016
The program to be announced – June 20, 2016
No film selected may be withdrawn from the festival program after its publication.
If you are selected:
1. We accept DCP/Blu-Ray (shipping of the copy is to be paid by the director/producer of the film. Please assign the package a value that does not exceed 10 Euros or 10 dollars) or digital copy of the film of high quality via special sharing sites (drive.google.com, dropbox, yadi.sk, wetransfer.com, hightail.com etc). Format and compression is to be discussed after notification.
2. The festival is authorized to make one excerpt not exceeding 10% or max. 3 minutes of the total running time to be used promoting the festival in different media and internet sites.
3. Our festival is bilingual, so
– Films in Russian language will be required to have English subtitles.
– Festival takes responsibility of making Russian translation to all selected non-russian films. The directors will be asked to send the original version of the film without subtitles and a cover letter with original dialog list.
4. You required to send us stills from the film, poster, a photo of director, trailer and other promotional material which you have. You must authorize Esperanza IFF to use your selected work and materials for festival promotional purposes.
5. You must accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your film and warrant that you have the rights necessary to exhibit your film at Esperanza Festival 2016.
6. The filmmaker is solely responsible for the content of the film and agrees that the film does not contain any content that may be construed as: libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, sexually, racially or ethically offensive, intimidating, threatening, hateful, discriminatory or abusive.
7. All invited filmmakers are encouraged to attend their screening.
For questions regarding regulations, timetable, technical issues or any other matters, please contact our support: